This' the season to be jolly and..... travel? I think so because December is the month when many people spend their year-end holiday out of the country. For us who are staying here in Singapore, we can instead take a gastronomic tour through the Globetrotting Festive Buffet with over 40 dishes that spans across continents!
The place to be at is..... Royale Restaurant at Mercure Singapore Bugis!
Besides perennial favorites such as Seafood on Ice, assorted Japanese Sushi, and Royale's very well-received Crayfish Laksa, we also indulged in special offerings that are only available this festive season.
The Oven-roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup with Mascarpone Cheese was a delightful start before we attacked the Roasted Nyonya Turkey! A Peranakan twist to the quintessential delicacy, the turkey is marinated with 7 types of spices before it is baked. Accompanied with homemade chili sauce for a spicy spark.
Asian flavors continues in the Baked Tandoori Salmon with Mint Chutney with the use of Indian spices and yogurt.
European classics gets a tropical touch with items like German Pork Knuckle with Pineapple Sauce and Baked Honey Cinnamon Gammon Ham with Citrus Sauce.
The Australian Cherry & Port Glazed of Lamb is said to "balance sweet and savory to achieve the ultimate marriage of flavors", but I regrettably cannot bear witness to that as my tummy was already too full from the sumptuous line-up of food.
More meat galore as we spotted Roasted Beef Sirloin with Red Wine Sauce & Mustard at the carving station too!
For sweet endings, the freshly-baked French desserts is paired with locally-inspired flavors. Some of the pastries include Pandan Crème Brulee, Cempadak Meringue Tart, and Durian Puree with Vanilla Mousse.
Royale's Hazelnut Log Cake promises a delicious indulgence of rich hazelnut cream slathered between moist vanilla sponge cake.
Do expect offerings such as New York Chocolate Cheese Cake, Santa Red Velvet and Snow Angel Vanilla Cupcakes as well, just to name a few.
Globetrotting Festive Buffet
- Available from 1st to 3th December 2017
- Lunch and Dinner: $48++ (Adult) / $24++ (Child 6-12 years) / $78++ per person including free flow wines & beer / Children under 6 years dine free
Globetrotting Christmas Buffet
- Available on 24th & 25th December 2017
- Lunch and Dinner: $68++ (Adult) / $34++ (Child 6-12 years) / $98++ per person including free flow wines & beer / Children under 6 years dine free
New Year's Eve Countdown Party
- Available on 31st December 2017
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet: $68++ (Adult) / $34++ (Child 6-12 years) / $108++ per person including free flow wines & beer
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet & Countdown Party: $148++ per person including free flow wines, beer & Moscato Rose
Address: Mercure Singapore Bugis, 122 Middle Road, Singapore 188973
Contact: +65 6521 6088
Opening Hours: Daily 6am-11pm / Breakfast 6am-10.30am / Set Lunch 12pm-2.30pm / Ala Carte 11am-11pm (last order 10.30pm)
Prices are stated in Singapore dollars and subject to 10% service charge & 7% GST. Information is correct at point of published date.
Follow PinkyPiggu on Facebook and Instagram for daily delicious updates!
Post a Comment