Most of us are familiar with premium meats such as Wagyu beef and Kurobuta pork, but... Benja Chicken?
UFarm's Benja Chicken is the world's first brown rice-fed chicken that hails from Thailand! Raised in carefully controlled, cage-free farm and fed on brown rice, the chicken is said to boast a rich flavour profile, and is more tender and juicier than the usual chicken meat by 55%! No wonder Benja Chicken is preferred by chefs of Michelin-starred restaurants such as Saneh Jaan, Siam Wisdom, and Paste.
We had our first taste of highly-lauded Benja Chicken here in Singapore at one-Michelin-starred Alma by Juan Amador, and were duly-impressed.
The restaurant will be showcasing the Benja Chicken in a special 3-course Lunch Menu ($39++ per person) available for three months from 3rd September 2019.
We started with a very delightful Chicken Terrine, followed by Chicken Roulade coupled with wings that's stuffed with brown rice, before rounding off the meal with a refreshing Wild Berries dessert.
Considering the well-execution of the dishes, no doubt the meal is exceedingly worth every penny. Especially the chicken itself which made a lasting impression with its distinct yet delicate flavours. That succulent bite was beyond fabulous!
Here's some interesting facts about Benja Chicken:-
- All chickens are 100% natural and they are well-raised in the indoor farm.
- The farm is protected against disease and extraneous materials which may affect the health of chicken negatively.
- Before entering the farm, personnel are required to take a shower, wash one's hair and spray the disinfection spray.
- With no exception, all vehicles must be cleaned and sprayed with the disinfection spray before entering the farm.
- Benja Chicken is raised with the 5 Freedoms of Animal Welfare.
- Benja Chicken is raised in a cage free area where chickens can wander and run freely.
- The temperature in the farm is suitably adjusted to the ages of the chicken, allowing for the best comfort for every chicken raised in the farm
- Benja Chicken uses an innovative animal feed to raise its chickens. The special formula comprises specially selected brown rice grains, which are rich in Gamma-Aminobutyric acid, antioxidants and vitamins B3, B6 and B9.
- The recipe formula is suitably adjusted to the Benja Chicken's ages, resulting in the efficient growth of the chickens.
- Benja Chicken is raised with clean water from the clean water filtering system.
- To ensure the good health of Benja Chicken, UFarm conducts consistent health checks on the chickens.
- No growth hormone or antibiotic is added to the feed, which has been certified by the American NSF International.
Benja Chicken's offerings will be available from end-October 2019 onwards at major supermarkets.
Retailing from S$10.50, the available parts are:
- Raw Frozen Skinless Boneless Breast 520G
- Raw Frozen Skinless Boneless Leg 400G
- Raw Frozen Skin-On Boneless Leg 470G
Alma by Juan Amador
Address: 22 Scotts Rd, Singapore 228221
Contact: +65 6735 9937
Operating Hours: Tue-Sat 12pm-2:30pm | Mon-Sat 6-10pm | Closed on Sun
Prices are stated in Singapore dollars and subject to 10% service charge & 7% GST unless otherwise stated. Information is correct at point of published date.
Follow PinkyPiggu on Facebook and Instagram for daily delicious updates!
Post a Comment