With the season of sharing and merry feasting around the corner, Goodwood Park Hotel introduces a host of new takeaway gourmet treats which are available at The Deli from 1st to 26th December 2017!
Highlights include 12 Treasures Turkey, Around the World in 'Turkey' Days, Roast Turkey Roulade with Pork & Chestnut Stuffing, Cold Capellini Pasta with Alaskan Crab, Ebi, Caviar & Truffle Vinaigrette, Zesty Logs, Silent Night Sphere, and Mini Mousse-icles.
Now, now, the superb line-up is really giving Christmas parties and year-end gatherings something irresistible to look forward to. I'm still reminiscing all its deliciousness as I'm writing this. Let me share with you what's good 'cos I've already tried the food! Ho ho ho!
Around the World in 'Turkey' Days ($128 per platter, good for 6 people)
Using the festive bird as its main ingredient, this platter consist of turkey meat presented in four different ways namely.....
Turkey Bulgogi Puff: Similar to our curry puff, turkey meat is prepared with soy-sugar-sesame-chilli marinate, kimchi and cheddar cheese. The marinate and cheddar cheese gives a boost of juiciness to the turkey making this dish a big hit amongst our table.
Turkey Gyoza: Minced turkey is used as a filling for the gyoza and pan-fried to a lovely crisp. What a christmasy and brilliant touch to an otherwise typical serving of dumplings.
Turkey Siracha: Essentially pita bread stuffed with roast turkey slices and paired with hot Siracha sauce and sour cream dip. Here's the fun part: We get to assemble it ourselves (and stuffed ourselves silly with it lol)!
Turkey Shepherd's Pie: The base of this dish is given a refreshing twist with the addition of sweet potato, providing nuances of subtle sweetness to a comforting traditional favorite.
Cold Capellini Pasta with Alaskan Crab, Ebi, Caviar & Truffle Vinaigrette ($108, good for 4 people)
Love this angel hair pasta which is a signature from Gordon's Grill menu! Served chilled, the combination of nicely-cooked capellini with generous lashings of prawns, arvuga caviar and a subtle enhancement of white truffle oil was beautiful in both looks and flavors.
Slow Roasted Ibérico Pork Belly with Crackling, Pickled Cabbage, Apple Sauce & Pork Jus ($320 for 6 to 8 persons, limited to 25 orders per day)
The star of the meal! This dish encapsulates how quality ingredients can make such a big difference to the final product. Upon tasting this dish, the first thing that came to my mind was "Wow! Can pork really taste this good???". One thing which was most apparent to me was the lack of "porky" pungency, which instead was replaced with a complex buttery nutty flavor throughout the meat. The golden-brown crackling of the pork skin, coupled with tenderness of its meat with intertwining softness of its fats was immaculate! While some may balk at the price, rest assured the quality and flavor of this dish will not disappoint even the most fussy eaters.
12 Treasures Turkey ($268, good for 8-10 people)
We thought it's a Chinese herbal chicken at initial glance, but of course it's not haha. This delectable turkey is a marriage of the traditional roast and exquisite Chinese flair, showcasing the best of both worlds. The meat is marinated in a Asian-based marinate and baked at high heat until golden brown. It is then stuffed with a luxurious mix of 12 ingredients including roast pork, 24-head abalones, fresh chestnuts, conpoy, lingzhi, Shiitake mushrooms and salted egg yolks, before being wrapped in lotus leaves, cellophane and aluminum, and further baked to allow the bird to be fully infused with the flavors of the stuffings. The accompanying vegetable fried rice and special chili sauce was perfect!
Mini Mousse-icles ($16 for 3 pieces)
Instagram-worthy dessert masquerading as popsicle! Among the 3 flavors, Guanaja Chocolate, Summer Berries, and Yuzu, the last is my favorite as it was perfect after a heavy meal with its bright citrusy flavors.
Silent Night Sphere ($28 per piece)
Looking like something out of an art museum, this celestial-looking orb contains within hidden treasures of marcarons, Maltesers®, gummy bears, marshmallows and dried cranberries. All shall be revealed when the warm chocolate sauce is poured over.
Merry Mosaic Cakes ($48 for 500g)
This cake is made up of 16 'squares' of six different flavors namely Orange Chiboust, Raspberry Earl Grey, Black Currant, Tiramisu, Green Tea and Cheesecake, and topped with various Christmassy decorations such as snowflakes, gingerbread man, stars and icing or chocolate holly.
Zesty Logs ($52 a pair, 500g in total)
Made up of two tree 'stumps' we can experience two different flavors in one order: Apple mousse calamansi cream with chiffon sponge, and Caraibe chocolate orange scented cream with flourless chocolate sponge.
Goodwood 'Mao Shan Wang' Durian Christmas Log Cake ($69 for 500g)
The hotel is famed for its durian offerings, and their Christmas logcake edition did not disappoint, Using premium 'Mao Shan Wang' durian, each mouthful was full of durian goodness within the layers of vanilla sponge.
Takeaway gourmet treats will be available at The Deli from 1st to 26th December 2017.
Advance order of five days are required and guests may visit The Deli from 9am to 9pm daily to place their takeaway orders.
Alternatively, guests may contact the Christmas Call Centre at +65 6730 1867 / 68 from 10am to 6pm daily, email email@example.com or visit festivepromotions.goodwoodparkhotel.com from 1st December 2017 to place their online orders.
Last order date is 19th December 2017, 12pm.
Goodwood Park Hotel's dining establishments are also presenting Christmas and New Year set menus and tempting buffet spreads.
Fine dining restaurant famed for its steaks and Continental cuisine
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve 3-course Set Lunch: $68 per person
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve 4-course Set Lunch: $88 per person
- Christmas Day and New Year's Day 5-course Set Dinner: $138 per person
- Christmas Day and New Year's Day 6-course Set Dinner: $178 per person
- Christmas Brunch Buffet (25th December 2017; two seatings): $168 per person (inclusive of champagne)
- New Year's Eve 6-course Set Dinner: $198 per person
- New Year's Day 3-course Set Lunch: Starts from $58 per person
- New Year's Day 4-course Set Lunch: Starts from $68 per person
- New Year's Day 4-course Set Dinner: Starts from $98 per person
Cosy café by day and chic lounge by night at the poolside
- Christmas and New Year's Eve English Afternoon Tea Buffet: $68 per adult / $40 per child
- Christmas Eve Semi-Buffet Dinner: $98 per adult / $59 per child
- Christmas Brunch Buffet: $128 per adult / $78 per child
- Christmas Day 4-course Set Dinner: $78 per person
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet: $108 per adult / $68 per child
- New Year's Day English Afternoon Tea Buffet: $52 per adult / $32 per child
Popular for its local fare and Taiwan porridge
- Christmas Eve and Day Lunch cum High Tea with Festive Dessert Buffet: $48 per adult / $29 per child
- Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet: $88 per adult / $53 per child
- Christmas Day Dinner Buffet: $68 per adult / $40 per child
- New Year's Eve and Day Lunch cum High Tea with Festive Dessert Buffet: $48 per adult / $29 per child
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet: $88 per adult / $53 per child
- New Year's Day Taiwan Porridge a-la-carte Dinner Buffet Festive Dessert Buffet: $45 per adult / $27 per child
Goodwood Park Hotel
Address: 22 Scotts Road, Singapore 228221
Contact: +65 6737 7411
Prices are stated in Singapore dollars and subject to 10% service charge (for dine-in) & 7% GST unless otherwise stated. Information is correct at point of published date.
* Written by BFF, a guy who is desperately trying to find a balance while lost in the world of sights, sound and taste.
* Edited with additional inputs by PinkyPiggu
* Photos by PinkyPiggu
Follow PinkyPiggu on Facebook and Instagram for daily delicious updates!
Your post has made me feel hungry haha. I might visit this hotel during Christmas and will try to eat as many dishes as I can. All of these look really tasty.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is very cool. I'm impressed by the details that you have on this web site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. Online Assignment Help mba assignment writingReplyDelete