The Lobby Lounge at Intercontinental Singapore might not have any scenic views to boost of, but it undeniably counts as one of the most elegant hotel lounges in Singapore.
That is where my friends and I will often adjourned to for light bites and drinks after an evening of shopping at the adjoining Bugis Junction as we love the tranquil and restful ambience it offers.
When we got to know of its new Classic Afternoon Tea: The Orchard that was recently launched on 1st April, we quickly made plans to visit. Afterall, who can resist a sweet, leisurely afternoon over luscious delights hehee?
The new afternoon tea presentation sees InterContinental Singapore's Executive Pastry Chef Ben Goh collaborating with RaviFruit's Executive Pastry Chef Jean-Francois Devineau to craft 13 creations inspired by fruits found all over the world.
There's also a live station where we get to enjoy unlimited servings of à la minute crêpes and ice cream!
It was really a "camera eats first" moment when the afternoon tea set was brought to our table.
Showcased in pretty gold-rimmed display cases and a two-tiered stand reminiscent of terrariums, our eyes excitedly feasted on the tempting savoury treats and exquisitely-made pastries that's infused with a variety of seasonal fruit flavours before getting our mouths to it.
Let me share with you the list of items that's included in the set.
Crafted by InterContinental Singapore’s Executive Pastry Chef Ben Goh
- Chocolate Cone with Strawberry Beetroot Cream
- Mandarin Orange Crémeaux & Carrot Jelly
- Apple Milk Chocolate Mousse with Rhubarb Compote
- Ruby Peach & Yuzu Praline
Crafted by RaviFruits’ Executive Pastry Chef Jean Francois Devineau
- Mango, Passion Fruit & Coconut Cream Verrine
- Morello Cherry & Pistachio Tart
- Cake Roll with Blueberry Compote and RaspberryYoghurt
- Caramel Orange Scones & English Scones with Homemade Peach Jam, Strawberry Jam, Clotted Cream
- Andalusian Gazpacho
- Smoked Chicken Mousse, Chestnuts & Walnuts Tart
- Smoked Salmon Sandwich, Brie Cheese, Chives & Horseradish Cream
- Prawn with Avocado & Grapefruit Emulsion
- Tuna with Risotto & Coconut-Lime Dressing
- Ratatouille Quiche
The highlight for me was the sweets that innovatively combined both fruit and vegetable, notably the Mandarin Orange Crémeaux & Carrot Jelly, and Chocolate Cone with Strawberry Beetroot Cream.
Savoury items such as Tuna with Risotto & Coconut-Lime Dressing, and Ratatouille Quiche scored highly as well. Those scones are best enjoyed with the homemade fruit jams and a pot of hot tea.
Our afternoon were made perfect with all these bite-sized happiness.
Classic Afternoon Tea: The Orchard is available at The Lobby Lounge from 1st April 2019 to 31st July 2019, from 2pm to 5pm daily.
The set is priced at:-
- $78++ for two guests, inclusive of a fine selection of loose-leaf teas and coffee
- $108++ for two guests, inclusive of two flutes of Taittinger Brut Champagne, and a fine selection of loose-leaf teas and coffee.
For reservations, please visit TheLobbyLounge.sg, email InterContinental.Dining@ihg.com, or call +65 6825 1008.
The Lobby Lounge
Address: Level 1, InterContinental Singapore, 80 Middle Road, Singapore 188966
Contact: +65 6825 1008
Opening Hours: Breakfast 8am-12pm Daily | All-Day Dining 11am-10pm Daily | Afternoon Tea 2pm-5pm Daily | Cocktails 5pm-1am Daily
Prices are stated in Singapore dollars and subject to 10% service charge & 7% GST unless otherwise stated. Information is correct at point of published date.
Follow PinkyPiggu on Facebook and Instagram for daily delicious updates!