Caviar and chocolate for afternoon tea? Thanks to Four Seasons Hotel Singapore for coming up with this indulgence treat! :D
The 5-star hotel located on the fringe of Orchard Road changes their afternoon tea theme every few months, and has recently-launched the Caviar & Chocolate Weekend Afternoon Tea. Line-up includes premium Russian caviar, handcrafted desserts with Valrhona chocolate, freshly-baked chocolate and mint scones, moreish savouries, and even chocolate-themed cocktails!
Being typical Singaporeans who love exploring our little island for dining excitement, we quickly checked it out over the weekend.
While the hotel's One-Ninety Bar offers a dark cozy air-conditioned space to enjoy the afternoon tea, I decided to ditch all that and headed out to its lovely alfresco garden because... natural lighting is better for photos (sacrificial love for my craft). Weather can be breezy or hot and humid depending on the month you're here, but generally Singapore's heat can be quite merciless so do wear lighter clothing.
Service was efficient and our set arrived quickly.
My eyes darted almost immediately to the 2-tier stand comprising of dainty savouries and Caviar d'Eden. Those tiny black pearls had a delicate flavour and paired deliciously well with the fluffy housemade buckwheat waffles. Yumz!
Maine Lobster Brioche Roll and Jumbo Lump Crab and Bottarga Tart were indeed moreish as my friend described.
Much injustice to the desserts photo here. The tray of chocolate delights were perfectly pretty when it arrived but alas I took moments too long to get to it. Though the fruit toppings have partially collapsed, the White Chocolate Pistachio Financier and Chocolate Raspberry Tart were nevertheless pleasurably full of light refreshing flavours when in the mouth.
Too much of chocolate in one go can be surfeit on the palate but the pastry team did a good job of striking a balance. Desserts are not too sweet and layering of varied textures made it all so enjoyable.
Among the three chocolate-themed cocktails that we tried, my favourite was the creamy Chocolate Glace. It's like drinking chocolate milk but with a bourbon twist. Nice! Glad we chose to add on the cocktails even though the afternoon tea already includes beverages like Lavazza Coffee and Gryphon Tea. Since we're here, might as well go ahead and indulge right?
This afternoon tea was certainly worth the indulgence! :)
Here's what you can expect on the menu:
- Russian Caviar (10 grams), Sour Cream, Buckwheat Waffle
- Valrhona Opalys 33%, Pistachio Financier, White Chocolate Ganache
- Valrhona Jivara 40%, Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie, Passionfruit
- Valrhona Manjari 64%, Chocolate Almond Choux
- Valrhona Guanaja 70%, Black Forest Tart
- Valrhona Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
- Wagyu Beef Bresaola, Smoked Burrata, Sourdough Bread
- Maine Lobster Brioche Roll, Organic Egg, Black Truffle
- Cucumber and Heirloom Tomato Sandwich, Lemon Creme Fraiche
- Jumbo Lump Crab and Bottarga Tart, Sriracha Mayonnaise
Freshly Baked Scones
- Valrhona Caraibe 66% Chocolate and Mint
- Fresh Vanilla Bean
- Clotted Cream, Lemon Curd, Strawberry Rose Preserves
The Caviar & Chocolate Weekend Afternoon Tea at Garden@One-Ninety is available on Saturdays and Sundays, 2pm – 5pm till 25 June 2023.
- S$58++ per person with Lavazza Coffee or Gryphon Tea.
- S$88++ per person with 10g Russian Caviar, Lavazza Coffee or Gryphon Tea.
- S$108++ per person with 10g Russian Caviar, One Craft Cocktail, Lavazza Coffee or Gryphon Tea.
For more information or to make reservations, please call +65 6831 7653, WhatsApp +65 9455 3466 or email email@example.com.
Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
Address: 190 Orchard Boulevard, Level 1, Singapore 248646
Contact: +65 6734 1110
All prices are in Singapore dollars and subject to 10% service charge & 8% GST unless otherwise stated. Information is correct at point of published date.
Follow PinkyPiggu on Facebook , Instagram and TikTok for delicious updates!
All content and photos are NOT allowed to be reproduced without consent from Nicole @PinkyPiggu.