ToTT (Tools of The Trade) turns 3! Any aspiring professional chef or intrepid home cook would not be unfamiliar with this mega one-stop store at Dunearn Road which is a culinary wonderland for kitchenware and cooking gadgets that fulfills our needs in cooking, baking and hosting. To commemorate its 3rd anniversary in October 2013, ToTT has just launched an easy-to-follow cookbook of best brunch recipes and a new online shopping portal. Follow PinkyPiggu to find out more :p
"Best Brunch Ever - Delicious Morning Recipes to Savour" cookbook is already available for sale at ToTT and reasonably priced at S$12.90nett. I thought it's quite a steal, considering that we get to learn 24 easy-to-prepare recipes contributed by 8 well-known chefs in Singapore. They include:-
- Dan Segall, group executive chef of hospitility group, The Big Idea (Fat Cow, Kinki, The Pelican and Bedrock Bar & Grill to name a few).
- Dallas Cuddy, head chef of The Prime Society
- Nicolas Joanny, chef-owner of Nicolas Le Restaurant
- Antonio Facchinetti, chef de cuisine of Prego Restaurant at Fairmont Singapore
- Kenjiro 'Hatch' Hashida, master chef of Hashisa Sushi at the Mandarin Gallery
- Eric Low, chef-owner of Lush Epicurean Culinary Consultancy
- Maria Sevillano, co-owner and head chef of My Little Spanish Place
- Chi Quang Trinh, sous chef of Addictions Café and Remedy Bar
Seen here at the launch with (L-R) Chef Nicholas, Chef Dan, Chef Antonio and Chef Chi is Ms Grace Tan, Director of ToTT.
Mention brunch, the usual food that I'd think of is egg bens and toast, but my mindset is totally changed as I flipped through the cookbook which features brunch ideas from across different cuisine types - American, Australian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Singapore, Spanish, Italian and French! My mouth was literally letting out "wow" after "wow" as I flipped through the pages, salivating over the photos which are simply gorgeous! The layout is also pleasant and easy on the eye, with clear step-by-step cooking instructions. With handy tips and recommended tools for ease of preparation also thrown in, this well-rounded cookbook definitely deserve a space in any kitchen.
Did I mentioned earlier I was salivating over the cookbook photos? LOL. I'm glad I was spared of the 'torture' to some extent as the chefs who were present at the launch brought some of those beautiful photos to life as they did a cooking demonstration of the dishes. Chef Antonio first filled up the cooking studio with the wonderful aroma of his Spaghetti Piccanti, a harmonious medley of calamari, anchovies, bread crumble, chilli, garlic and fennel tossed with al-dente pasta. Chef Nicholas then presented his Eggs 'a la coque' of steamed runny egg yolk in their shells which is topped with sherry vinegar cream, and paired with crispy deep-fried prawns. Cornbread Wedges with Bacon Jam by Chef Dan was a wholesome substantial treat, and we were stuffed by the time we finished Chef Chi's Steamed Rice Rolls with Minced Pork and Black Fungus.
If you're a busy individual like me who can't afford much time to make shopping trips as frequently as I'd like to, retail gratification is now simply a few clicks away! Just logon to ToTTStore.com for an online shopping experience!
Highlights on the inaugural e-commerce site include:
- Over 1,500 products catalogued for a complete online store experience
- Exclusive deals and range of products from international brands such as Safico, Giesser and more
- Clear product categorization and navigation for ease of shopping
- Free delivery with over $200 worth of purchases
To more shopping, cooking and delicious food ahead! Yay! :D
Address: 896 Dunearn Road, #01-01A, Sime Darby Centre, Singapore 589472
Contact: +65 62197077
Store: Mon-Fri 11am-9pm / Sat, Sun & PH 10am-9pm
Bistro: Mon-Fri 10.30am-9pm / Sat, Sun & PH 9.30am-9pm
Jasons The Gourmet Grocer: Sun-Thu 8am-8pm / Fri & Sat 8am-9pm