Pay for steak and get a bottle of wine FREE!!!
No, you're not reading this wrongly. Unbelievable as it might seem, Opus Bar & Grill at Hilton Singapore is doing exactly that in celebration of its 4th anniversary. The offer is valid for the month of March 2019, and available from Sundays until Thursdays.
Opus Bar & Grill is considered to be one of the best steakhouses in Singapore, so it's really a no-brainer that the deal is way too good to be missed.
All we have to do is to order any of their sharing steak priced from $128++, and a complimentary bottle of premium red wine worth $90 will be ours.
Choices of Opus premium sharing cuts and platters that serve two include:
- Signature 1kg U.S. Black Angus Bone-in Rib Eye, dry-aged, marble score 4 ($138++)
- 1kg Australian Black Angus Porterhouse, marble score 4 ($138++)
- Wagyu & Lobster of 500g Australian Wagyu sirloin and MSC-certified Boston lobster (148++)
- 1kg Whiskey-aged Australian F1 Wagyu Tomahawk, 300 days grain-fed, marble score 5 ($158++)
- Premium Butcher’s Platter of 600g U.S. Black Angus bone-in rib eye, 150g Wagyu rump cap, braised grain-fed Wagyu beef short rib and gourmet beef sausages ($138++)
- Chateaubriand, 600g New Zealand roasted tenderloin ($128++)
We were careful not to get filled up too quickly on the delicious House-baked Onion Bread (complimentary) that was served to us while waiting for our steak to be ready.
At Opus, the steaks are handpicked and dry-aged in their custom designed dry-aging cabinet lined with Himalayan salt tiles. Dry-aged beef are known to be more flavorful and tender after its moisture is drawn out and enzymes are broken down.
Our chosen cut is then flame-kissed by Opus' signature charcoal and Jarrah wood open-flame grill to achieve that char outer and smoky caramelised flavours.
Needless to say, we totally enjoyed the Chateaubriand, a 600g tenderloin from New Zealand, that was so meticiously-prepared.
The sides of Portobello Mushrooms ($6) and Grilled Fat Green Asparagus ($6) accompanied the steak well. When I saw Opus Over-The-Top Fries ($15) on the menu, I know I must certainly order this decadant treat with foie gras fat, black truffle puree and parmesan. Best enjoyed when it's still hot and crispy!
For variety, we also tried house specialties such as Whole Live Lobster (500g/$54), Grilled Butterflied Spring Chicken (600g,$38), DeRaza Iberico Pork Rack (300g,$38) and Premium Lamb Rack Chops (300g,$48) which were also expertly grilled on the open-flame grill, but none made me as happy as the steak did.
Since we're already at Opus, we also took the opportunity to try the new dishes that Opus has recently launched.
The Crab Cake ($18) with celeriac remoulade and pink grapefruit, and Seared Atlantic Scallops ($22) with butternut squash puree, pumpkin seeds and basil were both crowd-pleasers. We all agreed that the scallop was plump and undeniably fresh.
Opus also pride itself as being environmentally conscious having achieved the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)'s Chain of Custody certification. Seafood labeled with the eco-label in the menu are prepared with seafood sources that are sustainably caught.
It was a good idea to order the Watermelon & Feta Salad ($15) too as its refreshing lightness balanced out the heaviness of the grilled items well.
I was distracted by D9 Cakery's impressive showcase of their decadent cakes and pastries on my way over to Opus (both are located at the lobby level of Hilton) earlier, so you can imagine my happiness to know that we can order the D9 Cakery Selections ($8) to enjoy at the grill restaurant too!
What you see here are the lovely choices of:
- Paris Brest Hazelnut - Choux Pastry, Crushed Almonds, Hazelnut Praline and Caramel Whipped French Crème
- Belle - Ground Pistachio Streusel, Coconut Bavarian Cream, Bergamot Crémeux, Crispy Streusel and Opalys Chocolate
- Ma-Chakura Azuki - Matcha-infused Mousse, Sakura Crémeux and Baked Matcha, Joconde
- Fraise - Japanese Sponge, Crème Chantilly, Fresh Strawberries and Opalys Chocolate
- Citron - Lemon Curd, Meringue, Homemade Crust and Lemon Jelly.
It can get a tad sweet with so many cakes together at once so I'd recommend a pot of hot tea to go along.
When I crave for meat, I will eat real meat (giving it up is impossible), and Opus Bar & Grill would be where I'm heading for.
Their quality steaks made it worthwhile for return visits. With the complimentary bottle of red wine for every sharing steak offer, it certainly will make the meal sweeter for those who loves to wine and dine.
Address: Lobby Level, Hilton Singapore, 581 Orchard Road, Singapore 238883
Contact: +65 6730 3390
Opening Hours: Dinner 6.30pm-10.3pm Daily | Bar 10am-Midnight Daily
Prices are stated in Singapore dollars and subject to 10% service charge & 7% GST. Information is correct at point of published date.
Follow PinkyPiggu on Facebook and Instagram for daily delicious updates!